Minjung Kathy Chae, Doctor’s Course
e : email@example.com
Career & EducationEducation, Training and Service
2021 – Present
Ph.D. course in Digital Health, Sungkyunkwan University
Samsung Advanced Institute for Health Sciences & Technology (SAIHST)
2013 – 2017
Master of Medicine (Ajou University, Suwon, Korea)
2014 – 2016
Emergency Medicine Fellowship (Samsung Medical Center, Seoul, Korea)
2010 – 2014
Emergency Medicine Residency (Samsung Medical Center, Seoul, Korea)
2006 – 2007
Medical & Surgical Internship (Kyung Hee University Meidcal Center, Seoul, Korea)
2002 – 2006
Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine (School of Medicine, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, Korea)
2020 – present
Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Emergency Medicine (Samsung Medical Center, Seoul, Korea)
2019 – 2020
Instructor, Department of Emergency Medicine (Samsung Medical Center, Seoul, Korea)
대한심폐소생협회 기획위원, 대외협력위원
Arterial jugular lactate difference and neurologic outcome in post cardiac arrest patients undergoing targeted temperature management.
The prognostic value of optic nerve sheath diameter and gray to white matter ratio on initial brain computed tomography in post cardiac arrest patients treated with therapeutic hypothermia.
Body Mass Index and Outcomes in Patients with Severe Sepsis or Septic Shock. Academic excellence award, Korean Society of Critical Care Medicine
Triple Rule-Out Computed Tomography in Patients with Acute Chest Pain at the Emergency Department
• 한국연구재단 (NRF) 신진연구 (MSIT)(No. 2018R1C1B60035) 심정지 후 환자의 맞춤체온조절치료를 위한 최소 침습적 뇌 모니터링 프로토콜 개발The development of minimally invasive cerebral monitoring protocol for tailored temperature management in post cardiac arrest patients
• 2020 Korean Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation. Part 5. Post-cardiac arrest care Young-Min Kim, Kyung Woon Jeung, Won Young Kim, Yoo Seok Park, Joo Suk Oh, Yeon Ho You, Dong Hoon Lee, Minjung Kathy Chae, Yoo Jin Jeong, Min Chul Kim, Eun Jin Ha, Kyoung Jin Hwang, Won-Seok Kim, Jae Myung Lee, Kyoung-Chul Cha, Sung Phil Chung, June Dong Park, Han-Suk Kim, Mi Jin Lee, Sang-Hoon Na, Ai-Rhan Ellen Kim, Sung Oh Hwang, on behalf of the Steering Committee of 2020 Korean Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care Clin Exp Emerg Med. 2021;8(S):S41-S64.
• Initial serum cholesterol level as a potential marker for post cardiac arrest patient outcomes. Chae MK, Lee SE, Min YG, Park EJ. Resuscitation. 2020 Jan 1;146:50-55. doi: 10.1016/j.resuscitation.2019.11.003. Epub 2019 Nov 8.
• Survival of in-hospital cardiac arrest patients before and after the implementation of the act on decisions on life-sustaining treatment: the well-dying law Chae-won Jeong , Mi-ju Lee , Sang Hyun Lim , Hyoung-mo Yang , Hong-seok Lim , Hyuk-hoon Kim , Young-gi Min , Mina Kim , Minjung Kathy Chae . Journal of the Korean Society of Emergency Medicine, 30(5), 379-384.
• Brain computed tomography angiography in postcardiac arrest patients and neurologic outcome. An J, Cho E, Park E, Lee SE, Han M, Min YG, Chae MK. Clin Exp Emerg Med. 2019 Dec;6(4):297-302. doi: 10.15441/ceem.18.062. Epub 2019 Dec 31.
• Pilot study on a rewarming rate of 0.15°C/hr versus 0.25°C/hr and outcomes in post cardiac arrest patients. Eunhye Cho, Sung Eun Lee, Eunjung Park, Hyuk Hoon Kim, Ji Sook Lee, Sangchun Choi, Young Gi Min, Minjung Kathy Chae, Clin Exp Emerg Med 2019; 6(1): 25-30
• Association between prehospital i-gel insertion and PCO2 in patients with out-of-hospital cardiac arrest. Eunsom Cho , Eun-Hye Cho, Hyuk-Hoon Kim , Sang-Cheon Choi, Young-Gi Min, So Young Kang, Minjung Kathy Chae, Journal of The Korean Society of Emergency Medicine, Volume 29, Number 6, December, 2018
• Monitoring of Cerebral Metabolism in Postcardiac Arrest Patients: A Pilot Study Minjung Kathy Chae, MD,1 Sung Eun Lee, MD,1,2 So Young Kang, PhD,3, Min Seob Sim, MD THERAPEUTIC HYPOTHERMIA AND TEMPERATURE MANAGEMENT Dec, 2018 Mary Ann Liebert, Inc. DOI: 10.1089/ther.2018.0018
• Triple rule-out computed tomography for risk stratification of patients with acute chest pain. Chae MK, Kim EK, Jung K-Y, Shin TG, Sim MS, Jo I-J, Song KJ, Chang S-A, Song YB, Hahn J-Y, Choi SH, Gwon H-C, Lee S-H, Kim SM, Eo H, Choe YH, Choi J-H, Journal of Cardiovascular Computed Tomograph (2016), doi: 10.1016/j.jcct.2016.06.002.
• Better prognostic value with combined optic nerve sheath diameter and grey-to-white matter ratio on initial brain computed tomography in post-cardiac arrest patients. Minjung Kathy Chae, Eunsil Ko, Jeong Hoon Lee,Tae Rim Lee,Hee Yoon,Sung Yeon Hwang,Won Chul Cha,Tae Gun Shin, Min Seob Sim,Ik Joon Jo,Keun Jeong Song,Joong Eui Rhee,Yeon Kwon Jeong, Resuscitation Volume 104, July 2016,Pages 40–45.
• Early central diabetes insipidus: An ominous sign in post-cardiac arrest patients. Chae MK, Lee JH, Lee TR, Yoon H, Hwang SY, Cha WC, Shin TG, Sim MS, Jo IJ, Song KJ, Rhee JE, Jeong YK. J Crit Care. 2015 Dec 11.
• Body Mass Index and Outcomes in Patients with Severe Sepsis or Septic Shock. Chae MK, Choi DJ, Jeon KM, Suh JY, Sim MS, Song KJ, Jeong YK, Jo IJ, Shin TG, Korean J Crit Care Med 2013 Nov 28(4):266-271