Won Chul Cha, Associate Professor,
Samsung Medical Center
Dept. of Digital Health SAIHST
안녕하세요. 우리 연구실 홈페이지를 방문해 주셔서 감사합니다.
우리 연구실은 Intelligent & Active Health라는 비전으로 지난 2016년 가을, Smart Health Lab이라는 이름으로 설립되었습니다. 최근 4차 산업혁명의 도래와 인공지능이 대두됨에 따라 데이터 중심(Data-Driven) 정보처리 기술의 발전이 사회 전반에 적용되기 시작했습니다. 이러한 발전을 통해 의료를 포함한 사회 전반이 크게 변화할 것이라는 예상에는 이견이 없습니다.
우리는 이러한 기술의 발전을 의료에 적극적으로 적용하여 환자들이 더 나은 치료를 받고 환자들이 주체적으로 의료 활동에 참여할 수 있는 환경을 만들어 나가고자 합니다. 기존의 의료에서 환자들은 수동적이었다면, 최근 환자 참여(Patient Engagement)에 대한 인식이 커지며 환자의 역할이 더욱 적극적인 방향으로 변화하고 있습니다. 이에 환자들은 더 많은 정보를 갖고, 의료진과 더 많은 소통을 하며, 치료 방향에 결정권을 가지고 가게 되었습니다. 기존의 의료전달체계에서는 불가능했던 일을 가능하게 하기 위해서는 정보통신기술(Health Information Technology, HIT)의 활용이 필요합니다.
우리 연구실은 의료를 둘러싸고 있는 이러한 변화에 대응하는 중개 의학(Translational Science or medicine)을 하고 있습니다. 중개 의학이란 기초과학의 결과를 융합하여, 임상에서 질환의 치료나 환자의 건강 상태를 개선하는 것을 목표로 하는 학문 분야로, 태생적으로 여러 학문 분야에 도움을 받는 다학제간 학문입니다. 따라서 중개 의학을 추구하는 우리 연구실에도 다양한 관심사를 가지고 있는 학생들이 있습니다. 의료, 통계, 공학을 포함한 다양한 학문 분야를 배경으로 하는 학생들이 저마다 자신이 가진 장점을 바탕으로 함께 협력하고, 공부하고, 프로젝트에 기여하고 있습니다.
이 홈페이지는 저희가 연구하고 공부한 내용을 여러분들과 공유하는 장소입니다. 앞으로도 저희가 잘해 나가는 모습 응원하는 마음으로 지켜봐 주시길 부탁드립니다.
2011 – 2021
PhD (Medical Engineering, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea)
2006 – 2008
Master of Science (Emergency Medicine, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea)
1996 – 2003
Bachelor of Medicine (College of Medicine, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea)
2022 – present
Associate Professor, Department of Emergency Medicine (Samsung Medical Center)
2022 – present
Associate Professor, School of Medicine, Sungkyunkwan University(SKKU)
2021 – present
Deputy Director, Digital Innovation Center (Samsung Medical Center)
2018 – present
Adjunct Professor, Department of Digital Health in SAIHST (Samsung Advanced Institute of Health Science and Technology, Sungkyunkwan University)
2017 – 2021
Assistant Professor, School of Medicine, Sungkyunkwan University(SKKU)
2015 – 2021
Associate Chief Medical Information Officer (Samsung Medical Center)
2014 – 2021
Assistant Professor, Department of Emergency Medicine (Samsung Medical Center)
2019 – 2020
Researcher (HARVARD MEDICAL SCHOOL (BRIGHAM AND WOMEN’S HOSPITAL))
2013 – 2014
Instructor, Department of Emergency Medicine (Samsung Medical Center)
2012 – 2013
Emergency Medicine Fellowship (Samsung Medical Center, Seoul, Korea)
2011 – 2012
Emergency Medicine Fellowship (Seoul National University Bundang Hospital, Seoul, Korea)
2008 – 2011
Public Health Practitioner (Military Service, Community Health Center, Jejudo-Do, Korea)
2004 – 2008
Emergency Medicine Residency (Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul, Korea)
2003 – 2004
Medical & Surgical Internship (Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul, Korea)
2022 – present
Expert Review Board Member of Diabetes & Metabolism Journal (DMJ)
2021 – present
Editor Board Member of SIGNA VITAE
2021 – present
Subcommittee member, Medical My Data Promotion Committee in Korea Health Industry Development Institute (KHIDI)
2021 – present
Director (Mandatory), Korean Society of Artificial Intelligence in Medicine
2021 – present
Director (Emergency information), The Korean Society of Medical Informatics
2019 – present
Vice-chairman, Research Group for Big Data Clinical Application
2018 – present
Panel, Institutional Review Board (IRB) in Samsung Medical Center
2022 – present
Chairman, The Korean Society of Emergency Medical Informatics
2012 – 2018
Medical director, Gangnam Fire Station (Gangnam, Seoul)
• A project to develop standards for certification of EMR systems and support the spread of them (2021, K-HIS) ( Principal Investigator )
• A descriptive cases series of poisoning in patients exposed to Acetaminophen with extended-release formulation resulting in Emergency Department visits: A study using Electronic Medical Records from the Korean OHDSI consortium (2021~2022, Janssen Korea Ltd.) ( Principal Investigator )
• Validation of the results of the demonstration in the Gangwon Digital Healthcare Regulatory Free Zone: telemedicine and remote monitoring of bio-signal monitoring for chronic disease. (2021, GANGWON TECHNOPARK) (Site Principal Investigator)
• Development of wireless multi-lead electrocardiogram monitoring device and cardiac diagnosis solution (2021, Ministry of Science and ICT) (Site Principal Investigator)
• A study about the effect of the machine learning-based Clinical Decision Support System for fall-down children’s brain CT, on emergency medical doctors. (2021~2022, KSEM) (Principal Investigator) )
• DID-based medical my data flow platform (2020, NDS)
• Developing AI-based Clinical Decision Support System (CDSS) to support Advance-Directives of Advanced Cancer Patients (2020~21, Ministry of Science and ICT) (Principal Investigator) )
• CANE(CDM based intelligent Algorithm Network Environment Platform) for Precision CDSS (2019, Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy) (Site Principal Investigator) )
• Development and Implementation of CDM, FHIR, and AI-based Precision Medicine Platform to improve National Medical Quality and Safety for Emergency and Critical Patients (2019~2021, Ministry of Health and Welfare)
• The development of Personal Health Record management platform for chronic patients in the emergency room based on actual demand (2019, Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy) (Site Principal Investigator) )
• Sepsis prediction modeling using numeric clinical data & genomics data (2019, KISTI) (Principal Investigator)
• Connected personal health records based on block-chain technology (2018, Ministry of Science) (Site Principal Investigator) )
• Development of comprehensive data network based on common data model. (2018, Ministry of Industry) (Co-investigator)
• Refining contents (codes and terminology) for the cloud electronic health record (2018, Ministry of Science) (Principal Investigator)
• A smart incentive spirometer application (2018, Samsung Electronics) (Principal Investigator)
• Analysis of mobile electronic health records usage pattern and developing a real-time analytic model (2018, Ministry of Education) (Co-investigator)
• Sujeong Hur, Ji Young Min, Junsang Yoo, Kyunga Kim, Chi Ryang Chung, Patricia C. Dykes, Won Chul Cha. Development and Validation of Unplanned Extubation Prediction Models Using Intensive Care Unit Data: Retrospective, Comparative, Machine Learning Study. JMIR. 2021. AUG; 23(8);e23508
• Junsang Yoo, Si-Ho Kim, Sujeong Hur, Juhyung Ha, Kyungmin Huh, Won Chul Cha. Candidemia Risk Prediction (CanDETEC) Model for Patients With Malignancy: Model Development and Validation in a Single-Center Retrospective Study. JMIR Medical Informatics. 2021 JUL; 9(7); e24651
• Sujeong Hur, Ryoung-Eun Ko, Junsang Yoo, Juhyung Ha, Won Chul Cha, Chi Ryang Chung. Machine learning-based PRediction of ICU DElirium (PRIDE) Algorithm for Delirium Prediction in Intensive Care Units: A Retrospective Study. JMIR Medical Informatics. 2021 JUL; 9(7); e23401
• Hun-Sung Kim, In Ho Kwon, Won Chul Cha. Future and Development Direction of Digital Healthcare. Healthcare Informatics Research (HIR). 2021 APR;27(2);95-101
• Sunyoung Yoon, Taerim Kim, Taehwan Roh, Hansol Chang, Sung Yeon Hwang, Hee Yoon, Tae Gun Shin, Min Seob Sim, Ik Joon Jo, Won Chul Cha. Twelve-Lead Electrocardiogram Acquisition With a Patchy-Type Wireless Device in Ambulance Transport: Simulation-Based Randomized Controlled Trial. JMIR Mhealth Uhealth. 2021 Apr ;9(4):e24142
• Won Chul Cha, Weon Jung , Jaeyong Yu , Junsang Yoo , Jinwook Choi. Temporal Change in Alert Override Rate with a Minimally Interruptive Clinical Decision Support on a Next-Generation Electronic Medical Record. Medicina. 2020 Nov; 56(12); E662
• Junsang Yoo, Junghoon Lee, Poong-Lyul Rhee, Dong Kyung Chang, Mira Kang, Jong Soo Choi, David W Bates, Won Chul Cha. Alert Override Patterns with a Medication Clinical Decision Support System in an Academic Emergency Department: Retrospective Descriptive Study. JMIR Medical Informatics. 2020 Nov; 8(11); e23351
• Hong S, Lee S, Lee J, Cha WC, Kim K. Prediction of Cardiac Arrest in the Emergency Department Based on Machine Learning and Sequential Characteristics: Model Development and Retrospective Clinical Validation Study. JMIR Med Inform. 2020 Aug 4;8(8):e15932
• Heo S, Yoon SY, Kim J; Kim HS, Kim K, Yoon H, Hwang SY, Cha WC, Kim T. Effectiveness of a Real-Time Ventilation Feedback Device for Guiding Adequate Minute Ventilation: A Manikin Simulation Study. Medicina (Kaunas). 2020 Jun 5;56(6):278
Hur S, Lee J, Kim T, Choi JS, Kang M, Chang DK, Cha WC. An Automated Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources-Based 12-Lead Electrocardiogram Mobile Alert System for Suspected Acute Coronary Syndrome. Yonsei Med J. 2020 May;61(5):416-422.
• Lee S, Hong S, Cha WC, Kim K. Predicting Adverse Outcomes for Febrile Patients in the Emergency Department Using Sparse Laboratory Data: Development of a Time Adaptive Model. JMIR Med Inform. 2020 Mar 26;8(3):e16117
• Jung KY, Kim S, Kim K, Lee EJ, Kim K, Lee J, Choi JS, Kang M, Chang DK, Cha WC. Frequent Mobile Electronic Medical Records Users Respond More Quickly to Emergency Department Consultation Requests: Retrospective Quantitative Study. JMIR Mhealth Uhealth. 2020 Feb 14;8(2):e14487.
• Yu JY, Jeong GY, Jeong OS, Chang DK, Cha WC. Machine Learning and Initial Nursing Assessment-Based Triage System for Emergency Department. Healthc Inform Res. 2020 Jan;26(1):13-19.
• Park JE, Hwang SY, Jo IJ, Sim MS, Cha WC, Yoon H, Kim TR, Lee GT, Kim HS, Sohn I, Shin TG. Accuracy of the qSOFA Score and RED Sign in Predicting Critical Care Requirements in Patients with Suspected Infection in the Emergency Department: A Retrospective Observational Study. Medicina (Kaunas). 2020 Jan 19;56(1):42.
• Hwang SY, Yoon H, Yoon A, Kim T, Lee G, Jung KY, Park JH, Shin TG, Cha WC, Sim MS, Kim S. N95 filtering facepiece respirators do not reliably afford respiratory protection during chest compression: A simulation study. Am J Emerg Med. 2020 Jan;38(1):12-17.
• Jung KY, Kim T, Hwang SY, Yoon H, Shin TG, Sim MS, Jo IJ, Cha WC. Availability of drug at convenient stores is not associated with an increased incidence of their poisoning. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf. 2019 Mar 7.
• Soh JY, Lee SU, Lee I, Yoon KS, Song C, Kim NH, Sohn TS, Bae JM, Chang DK, Cha WC. A Mobile Phone-Based Self-Monitoring Tool for Perioperative Gastric Cancer Patients With Incentive Spirometer: Randomized Controlled Trial. JMIR Mhealth Uhealth. 2019 Feb 19;7(2):e12204.
• Hwang SY, Shin J, Jo IJ, Park JE, Yoon H, Cha WC, Sim MS, Shin TG. Delayed Antibiotic Therapy and Organ Dysfunction in Critically Ill Septic Patients in the Emergency Department. J Clin Med. 2019 Feb 8;8(2).
• Soh JY, Jung SH, Cha WC, Kang M, Chang DK, Jung J, Lee J, Choi JS, Kim K. Variability in Doctors’ Usage Paths of Mobile Electronic Health Records Across Specialties: Comprehensive Analysis of Log Data. JMIR Mhealth Uhealth. 2019 Jan 17;7(1):e12041.
• Park JH, Moon SW, Kim TY, Ro YS, Cha WC, Kim YJ, Shin SD. Sensitivity, specificity, and predictive value of cardiac symptoms assessed by emergency medical services providers in the diagnosis of acute myocardial infarction: a multi-center observational study. Clin Exp Emerg Med. 2018 Dec;5(4):264-271.
• Yoo J, Soh JY, Lee WH, Chang DK, Lee SU, Cha WC. Experience of Emergency Department Patients With Using the Talking Pole Device: Prospective Interventional Descriptive Study. JMIR Mhealth Uhealth. 2018 Nov 22;6(11):e191.
• Yoo J, Jung KY, Kim T, Lee T, Hwang SY, Yoon H, Shin TG, Sim MS, Jo IJ, Paeng H, Choi JS, Cha WC. A Real-Time Autonomous Dashboard for the Emergency Department: 5-Year Case Study. JMIR Mhealth Uhealth. 2018 Nov 22;6(11):e10666.
• Kim JM, Shin TG, Hwang SY, Yoon H, Cha WC, Sim MS, Jo IJ, Song KJ, Rhee JE, Jeong YK. Sedative dose and patient variable impacts on postintubation hypotension in emergency airway management. Am J Emerg Med. 2018 Sep 12.
• Jung KY, Kim T, Jung J, Lee J, Choi JS, Mira K, Chang DK, Cha WC. The Effectiveness of Near-Field Communication Integrated with a Mobile Electronic Medical Record System: Emergency Department Simulation Study. JMIR Mhealth Uhealth. 2018 Sep 21;6(9):e11187.
• Kim T, Jung KY, Kim K, Yoon H, Hwang SY, Shin TG, Sim MS, Jo IJ, Cha WC. Protective effects of helmets on bicycle-related injuries in elderly individuals. Inj Prev. 2018 Oct 5. E-pub
• Bae JW, Shin K, Lee H, Lee HJ, Lee T, Kim CH, Cha WC, Kim GW, Moon IC. Evaluation of Disaster Response System Using Agent-Based Model With Geospatial and Medical Details.” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics: Systems. 2018 Aug 48(9): 1454-1469.
• Jung KY, Kim T, Hwang SY, Lee TR, Yoon H, Shin TG, Sim MS, Cha WC, Jeon HJ. Deliberate Self-harm among Young People Begins to Increase at the Very Early Age: a Nationwide Study. J Korean Med Sci. 2018 May 29;33(30):e191.
• Soh JY, Cha WC, Chang DK, Hwang JH, Kim K, Rha M, Kwon H. Development and Validation of a Multidisciplinary Mobile Care System for Patients With Advanced Gastrointestinal Cancer: Interventional Observation Study. JMIR Mhealth Uhealth. 2018 May 7;6(5):e115.
• Cheong IY, An SY, Cha WC, Rha MY, Kim ST, Chang DK, Hwang JH. Efficacy of Mobile Health Care Application and Wearable Device in Improvement of Physical Performance in Colorectal Cancer Patients Undergoing Chemotherapy. Clin Colorectal Cancer. 2018 Jun;17(2):e353-e362.
• Hwang SY, Jo IJ, Lee SU, Lee TR, Yoon H, Cha WC, Sim MS, Shin TG. Low Accuracy of Positive qSOFA Criteria for Predicting 28-Day Mortality in Critically Ill Septic Patients During the Early Period After Emergency Department Presentation. Ann Emerg Med. 2018 Jan;71(1):1-9.e2.
• Kim SH, Whitt W, Cha WC. A data-driven model of an appointment-generated arrival process at an outpatient clinic. INFORMS Journal on Computing. 2018 Feb 5;30(1):181-99.
• Ko E, Shin JK, Cha WC, Park JH, Lee TR, Yoon H, Lee G, Hwang SY, Shin TG, Sim MS, Jo IJ, Rhee JE, Song KJ, Jeong YK, Shin SD, Choi JH; Cardiac Arrest Pursuit Trial with Unique Registry; Epidemiologic Surveillance investigators. Coronary angiography is related to improved clinical outcome of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest with initial non-shockable rhythm. PLoS One. 2017 Dec 29;12(12):e0189442.
• Park, Sungrae; Choi, Doosup; Kim, Minki; Cha, Wonchul; Kim, Chuhyun; Moon, Il-Chul; Identifying prescription patterns with a topic model of diseases and medications. Journal of Biomedical Informatics, 2017. ISSN: 1532-0464, Vol: 75, Page: 35-47
• Kang JS, Jhun BW, Yoon H, Lim SM, Ko E, Park JH, Hwang SY, Lee SU, Lee TR, Cha WC, Shin TG, Sim MS, Jo IJ; The Utility of Preliminary Patient Evaluation in a Febrile Respiratory Infectious Disease Unit outside the Emergency Department. J Korean Med Sci. 2017 Sep;32(9):1534-1541
• Shin J, Ko E, Cha WC, Lee TR, Yoon H, Hwang SY, Shin TG, Sim MS, Jo IJ, Song KJ, Rhee JE, Jeong YK, Choi JH; Impact of early coronary angiography on the survival to discharge after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest. Clin Exp Emerg Med. 2017 Jun 30;4(2):65-72.
• Park J, Hwang SY, Jo IJ, Jeon K, Suh GY, Lee TR, Yoon H, Cha WC, Sim MS, Carriere KC, Yeon S, Shin TG;Impact of Metformin Use on Lactate Kinetics in Patients with Severe Sepsis and Septic Shock. Shock. 2017 May;47(5):582-587.
• Park J, Hwang SY, Shin TG, Jo IJ, Yoon H, Lee TR, Cha WC, Sim MS; Emergency medical service personnel need to improve knowledge and attitude regarding prehospital sepsis care. Clin Exp Emerg Med. 2017 Mar 30;4(1):48-55.
• Lee TR, Hwang SY, Cha WC, et al.; Role of coronary angiography for out-of-hospital cardiac arrest survivors according to postreturn of spontaneous circulation on an electrocardiogram. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96(7):e6123.